Soybean is known as the “GOLDEN BEAN” and Soybeans belong to the legume crop family. It’s botanical name is “Glycine max “ Soybean is an exceptionally nutritive and very rich protein food. Soybean oil is one of the most popular edible oil used in India. Soya also used as milk product and available in the form of soya chunks which is also called “meal maker” in India.
- Soybean is low in fat with no cholesterol.
- Soybean contains essential heart friendly omega-3 fats.
- Soybean provides important minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron and selenium.
- Soya is rich in probiotics in the form of fermented soy products, such as tempeh,, miso, and soy yogurt.
- Soybean is an excellent source of fiber.
- Soybean is a good source of enriched Calcium and Vitamin B12.
- Soybean is a complete protein food, containing all the amino acids essential to humanbody.
- Soybean contains isoflavones which are good in reducing risk of various cancers, heart disease and osteoporosis.