Maize popularly known as “corn” is one of the most versatile emerging cash crops having wider adaptability under varied climatic conditions. It is called queen of cereals globally. In India, maize or corn is the third most important food cash crops after wheat & rice.
The maize is grown throughout the year in all states of the country for various purposes including fodder for animals, food grain, sweet corn, baby corn, green cobs, and pop corn.
Maize or corn serves as a basic raw material to thousands of industrial products that may include oil, starch, alcoholic beverages, alcoholic beverages, pharmaceutical, food sweeteners, food cereals, cosmetic, and film, gum, textile, package and paper industries.
Health Benefits of Maize:–
- Corn is good for digestion due to its fiber content.
- Corn helps in lowering LDL (bad) Cholesterol.
- Corn may prevent diabetes & hypertension.
- Corn has anti-cancer properties.
- Corn helps in improving vision.
- Corn is beneficial for heart.
- Corn helps in preventing Alzheimer’s disease.
- Corn helps in preventing skin Problems.
- Corn may combat with Hair loss.